WE SPECIALIZE IN SEASONAL SPOT PRAWNS NANAIMO
Wild BC spot prawns are a delicacy known around the world for their sweet, delicate flavour and firm texture. They are most recognizable for their reddish brown colour, which turns bright pink when cooked, defining white spots on their tail and white horizontal bars on the carapace.
BC spot prawns are available live during the harvest season, which usually starts in May and lasts anywhere from six to eight weeks. Prawn fishermen spread baited traps along the rocky ocean floor at depths ranging from 40 to 100 metres. This method has minimal impact on ocean habitat and very low levels of bycatch of other species.
With Fresh Spot Prawns from Seadrift Seafood Market the culinary possibilities are endless!
Fresh Seafood Choices
Because of our commitment to sustainability and freshness, the availability of our “Fresh” products are seasonal. If you’re looking for something specific, or want to check on the availability of certain fresh and seasonal items, give shoot us an email or give us a call 250.754.4913
- LIVE Dungeness Crab
- Salmon: Sockeye, Spring, Pink, Coho: Filets, Steaks or whole
- Pacific Halibut: Filets, Steaks and Whole.
- Shellfish: Clams, Mussels, Spot Prawns, hand peeled Shrimp, Side Stripe Shrimp, Oysters in the Shell, or Shucked, Live Crab, Shucked Crab Meat or Canned Crab Meat.
- BC Spot Prawns
- Lobster: Live from Nova Scotia ( 48h notice )
- Albacore & Ahi Tuna: Whole or Sashimi Grade Loins.
- Snapper: Filets
- Sole: Filets ( Dover, Brill )
- Ling Cod: Filets
- Grey Cod: Filets
- Sablefish: Smoked Sable Fish or or fresh Filets